Thursday, September 01, 2005

Islam, Human Security and Xenophobia in Melbourne!

Well, a conference about it, at least.

For enquiring minds here in Melbourne, this is on my list of Things To Do.

The closing date for registration is november 11, and the conference takes place on Nov 25 and 26. It costs $250 per person (student $120), and is open to all comers.

I know this because I emailed and asked them.

I'll be there representing the RWDBs. Hopefully I won't be a lone bogan in a sea of lefty apologists.

And it's in the City, YAY!

*note to self: consider getting a t-shirt that will offend the lefties.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Caz said...

Hmm..have you considered foregoing any t-shirt, in order to achieve offensiveness? Worth consideration.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger TimT said...

When I was at Uni, two feminists did just that - walked into Holme courtyard and took their t-shirts off. They had the word 'SLUT' written across their chest, so they claimed it was a 'reclamation of the word for the women's movement'.

So foregoing a t-shirt may not offend anybody, certainly not leftists. The right-wingers - the blokes, anyway - will happily participate in the 'continued objectification of the female form' by ogling and leering. Patriarchy, ahoy!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Maybe I'll just wearing a t-shirt with 'Got Pork?' emblazoned across the chest.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in Melbourne, but cannot afford to shell out that sort of cash.

Please let us know the contents of said conference.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Nilk said...

Darlene, I'm going to see if I can get the student concession. I'm also going to look into taping it. I've get enough mates with video cameras, and my digicam also takes video as well as stills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home