Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The TMI Files. Chicks dig furniture.

We do. I should know because a) I'm a chick and b) I have a bit of a furniture thing happening.

Today, I rearranged some furniture. The walnut bookcase was moved out of the lounge and into the hallway, the glass side table from my room is now in the lounge (where said bookcase was) with an empty fishtank and a potplant on it. I'm going to get fish in the next couple of weeks.

After all this time, I reckon I should have worked out why I do a shuffle of furniture every six months or so. Whether is the kitchen, the lounge, my room or Magilla's room, things have to be changed. It's always been this way.

I do confess to getting a warm, fuzzy glow out of my achievements in decor rearrangement. I also know I'm not alone. I know a few of the girls out there who like to do an occasional re-org.

Just not as often as I like.

Maybe I'm just a touch obsessive about it. Sort of like my loo paper fetish. I think that 10 rolls are nowhere near enough.

30 is a bit more comforting.

I am amazed at times where writing a blog takes me. I was going to go into the whys and the wherefores of purchase and upkeep of household items, but got a bit distracted with SBS (television for Special People) and tonight's episode of Insight, Extreme Measures, a debate about Islam and muslims in Oz. I'm just waiting for the online debate to start, so if this offering is a bit slapdash, please accept my apologies.

My loungeroom is looking pretty grouse to me, though.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Caz said...

Overwhelming need to rearrange furniture on regular basis reflects subliminal need to change one's life and dissatisfation with self / life / universe / everything.

Moving furniture around provides sense of having some minor control over one's life and environment.

That this action needs to be repeated on regular basis suggests failure in convincing oneself that moving the furniture provided control or improvement to life and well being, but that doing it again and again may make a difference.

The definiton of insanity is....

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

And here I thought I just got bored with it! :)

I am gradually finding my way through the clutter, Caz.

In an ideal world, my lounge would be large with barely anything in it.

Unfortunately, it's not that large, and I have a goodly size collection of dvds and vids. My books are either boxed up out in the shed, or in a couple of bookcases. One of which is now in the hallway.

Also, rugrats have a way of adding to the mix, so there is a never-ending stream of kipple in my home.

Keith, regarding your workshop, I never rearrange other peoples' things unless I've been asked to. Then you need to beware.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Caz said...

Women spend their lives rearranging furniture.

Men spend their lives rearranging their testicles.

De-clutter, de-clutter - you MUST de-clutter. Clutter such bad feng shui.

PS. Confess that my clutter took around 21 years before it cleared - along with daughter & son inlaw. Funny how said daughter is always gob-smacked at how neat & tidy is my dwelling these days....quite convinced that she still hasn't worked out the causal connection.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

LOL!
Nothing from where I sit, Keith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home