Thursday, August 11, 2005

The TMI Files. Brought to you by the letter zzzzzzzz

As someone who promotes all those attachment parenting things like co-sleeping, breastfeeding, homeschooling, chocolate. (oops! don't know where that came from!)

Magilla and I often share the bed of a nighttime. It's great snuggling up and reading a few books, singing a few songs, then drifting off to sleep.

When she was first born, I was amazed. Here is this tiny little being, helpless, dependent, and she managed to take up the whole bed! It's a bloody queen size bed! Here am I, squashed onto the edge of the bed by an infant. It's not fair.

Three years down the track, it's still not fair!

She does sleep on her own most of the time, even though she does have a tendency to crawl into bed with me at the most godawful hours of the morning. She sleeps well. I just wish I did, too.

Last week tore it for me. She was asleep by 7.30pm, which is a good time. I got to bed around 11, and she woke me at 12. She ended up in bed with me, then woke me up at 2.30am to play.

Around 3.30, I got up to go to the loo. Magilla was still awake. I was somewhat surly (read as: really pissed off) and promptly slipped in cat chuck.

I'm all for expanding your vocabulary, but I think hers was expanded somewhat prematurely.

By the time she's 5, I'll be sleeping through the night, and Magilla will be compiling a Dictionary of Profanity.

By the time she's 10, I'll be moping about reminiscing. She was so cute when she was a baby/toddler. It was so nice when she would come into bed and snuggle up, I miss it so much.

When I get to that stage, please remind me of this post.

I can't recommend co-sleeping highly enough. It really is the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home