Friday, June 02, 2006

For The Currency Lad: A Papal Picture For Your Pleasure.



Earlier this week, I promised the Currency Lad my favourite photo of Pope John Paul the 2nd, taken on his tour of Australia back in 1986.

This was way before I realised that there is actually a God, but I've always loved this picture.

As an anecdotal aside, I can't recall the date, but I do recall I was late to work courtesy of JP2. He was trundling down Collins Street in his Popemobile and everything had slowed down to a nearly comatose pace. There were also people lining the streets waiting.

I waited too, got to wave to the Pope, and preceded on my way. It was also a beautiful day.

As for the picture above, I'm not very technologically minded, and I don't have photoshop. On the offchance that the text is illegible, here 'tis:
ABOVE: A papal wish comes true when Pope John Paul sees a kangaroo outside the Adelaide Festival Centre.

(From The Sun,Monday, December 1, 1986)

Cheers and I hope you enjoy this one!

7 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I sure did!

Just think, that's 20 years ago - can't believe it.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice Saturday surprise!

Thanks, Nilk.

God Bless our late, dear Papa Karol.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger sfw said...

I was born and raised a catholic (altar boy, christain brothers etc) and I really loved the catholic version of religion. I just wish I could accept it as true, but alas I cannot. Either way it's a good photo of a great man.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger sfw said...

Jeez you'd reckon I could spell Christian wouldn't ya?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jai Normosone said...

I bet Skippy was telling him where the bad guys were hiding :)

"Eh? What's that, Skip?"
"ntch ntch ntch ntch ntch"
"What is an Osama Bin Laden?"
"ntch ntch ntch ntch ntch"
"...."

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

LOL Jai!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some interesting post on your blog.
This one is too good but I have something that is related to loan and mortgage.
They are the miami home loan, orlando home loan and home equity loan ohio companies listing organized via region and any page is just 2 click away from the home page This fell great to the loan seekers online you might try the them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home