Saturday, May 13, 2006

Another Look At Syriana.

Mike Jericho is one of my essential blogs to read, as he makes for both challenging and entertaining reading. Okay, the subject matter can be depressing (he is, after all, liveblogging the second fall of western civilization), but it's never dull.

He reported on the George Clooney vehicle, Syriana.

Well, I've not seen Syriana, nor do I intend too. Life is far too short for a George Clooney film to be allowed through the doorway.

However.........

I've just now discovered The Editing Room and the Powers-That-Be have very kindly provided an edited screenplay of Syriana.

I can heartily recommend it for those looking for nuance in their scriptwriting, and to pique your interest, I am copying and pasting for your information:


SYRIANA: THE ABRIDGED SCRIPTâ„¢

By Rod Hilton



FADE IN:

INT. OIL COMPANY MEETING ROOM

CHRIS COOPER meets with a bunch of OIL TYCOONS and LAWYER
JEFFREY WRIGHT.

CHRIS COOPER
I am very upset because our company
has been shut out of drilling for
oil in a Middle East country, which
has led to our company being forced
to acquire a smaller company that
has the rights to drill in
Kazakhstan. Unfortunately for my
shareholders, this merger represents
a potential monopoly, so now the
government has to investigate us and
approve! How infuriating!

JEFFREY WRIGHT
Wow, that lengthy expository
monologue seemed awfully forced and
contrived.

CHRIS COOPER
Trust me, twenty minutes from now
you'll be yearning for shit like
this.


Your homework: Read the rest.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Big fun! Bwahahahaha!!!

Can you believe I had two free tickets for Syriana, sent to me by one of my suppliers, Electrolux? My wife wanted to go (she has no clue who Vlooney really is) , but I refused to go see it.

Greetz from Belgium. Have a nice weekend there in Oz. Like Howard & Costello. If only we had more chaps like them here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home