Slack posting. Copy and pasting for your pleasure.I'm still on a bit of a sabbatical, but I found this gem over at the forums at FaithFreedom
Here is a little list of things I compiled for you, that any Christian should know about the Abrahamic faiths:
- Moses performed his greatest acts with his staff, a shepherd’s tool.
- Jesus performed his greatest acts with his hands, a healer’s tool.
- Mohammed performed his greatest acts with his sword, a butcher’s tool.
- Moses met God on the mountain, and his word was carved on stones.
- Jesus met God on the mountain, and his word was carved in hearts.
- Mohammed met an angelic being in a cave under the mountain, and his word was opportunistic.
- Moses showed his people the truth, and wandered in the desert for 40 years for it.
- Jesus showed his people the truth, and died for it.
- Mohammed showed his people how to lie when the truth was inconvenient, and received women and plunder for it.
- If Satan ever offered Moses anything, he didn’t bother telling anyone about it.
- Satan offered Jesus the world, and he declined.
- An angel of light offered Mohammed the world, and he accepted.
- Moses brought his message to the people, walking on his own two feet, like a humble servant.
- Jesus brought his message to the people, riding on a donkey, like a king of peace.
- Mohammed brought his message to the people on the tip of a sword, like a ruthless conqueror.
- Moses was told to free his people, and at great cost he did.
- Jesus was told to spread the word, and at great cost he did.
- Mohammed was told to dominate, and without cost he did.
- For their faith, the people of Moses suffered relentless persecution, but today they are the brightest and most learned in the world.
- For their faith, the people of Jesus suffered persecution at the hands of themselves and others, but today they rule the world.
- For their faith, the people of Mohammed made others suffer, but all that they have stolen has turned to dust in their hands.
Whether one believes in the everyday type divine signs or not, there is a message to be learned here. Especially for a faithful Christian like you, Michael.
In mater of religion, you have much more in common with the Jews than with your muslim friend.
Regarding the Angel of Light, worldly power, and Taqiya, incidentally another name for Satan is “Lucifer”, which means “Bringer of Light”. Another of his titles is “Rex Mundi”, which means “King of the World”. Yet another is "The Prince of Lies". There are linguistic and historical editorial reasons for this, but it sure is a funny coincidence.