Saturday, April 08, 2006

Important Announcement.

I've been busy doing stuff in the real world, so haven't had much time to blog. However, I've still managed to keep an eye on a few other blogs; the most important one I consider to be JihadWatch.

As a rule, I don't contribute to charities except the Barnabas Fund, and Sea Shepherds occasionally, but I do ask that anyone who is over the ongoing, misnamed 'War on Terror' read the following.

Thanks, and I should be back to blogging regularly again in the next week or so, as I've got a shoot on this week.

Cheers

nilk.
A message from Robert Spencer

Dear Jihad Watch reader:

As I write this, there are people who would like nothing better than to see me dead. In fact, we just received another threat last week.

What have I done to "deserve" threats? As the founder and director of Jihad Watch, I have dared to expose the otherwise underreported or misreported activities of jihadists not only in America but also in Europe, Russia, Asia, Indonesia, Australia, Africa -- and everywhere else jihad is being waged around the world today.

I have also countered -- in frequent radio and TV appearances, and in countless books, articles and speeches -- the dishonest efforts of many Muslim spokesmen to conceal the true nature of jihadist activities, and to obscure the traditional meaning of jihad as enjoined upon every faithful Muslim by Muhammad himself: which is to subdue, by force if necessary, the entire non-Islamic world to Muslim rule.

For our pains, we at Jihad Watch have been vilified as anti-Muslim "bigots," denounced by Muslim pressure groups (such as the Council on American Islamic Relations, a.k.a. CAIR), and worse. And I myself have been threatened with death by jihadist Muslims who speak openly about having put me on a "hit list." For one public appearance in New York City, in fact, the NYPD placed me under the protection of its "Hercules Team," an anti-terrorist SWAT unit.

Although I take these threats quite seriously, I have decided not to let them deter me from continuing our work, which I believe plays a crucial role in the defense of our civilization and our way of life.

But I desperately need your help. Unlike CAIR, unlike the hundreds of Saudi-funded mosques that are spreading the extremist Wahhabi Muslim ideology right here in America, we at Jihad Watch operate without the backing of Middle Eastern oil billions. In fact, we operate with only a couple of volunteers.

That is why I am writing to you today. If Jihad Watch is even to continue our all-important work -- much less to expand our truth-telling efforts as we would like to -- we must build our staff and operations to a level capable of countering the oil-funded propaganda efforts of jihadists and their allies.

And that means gathering not only operating capital (of dire importance right now), but also seed capital for our own fundraising campaign -- and that campaign has to start with you. I have no one else to turn to.

If each of you gave $1,000, we'd be well on our way to our meeting our crucial goals. Now, that might be a lot for some, but, if those who could, gave more, we would still meet our present needs -- and more important, begin building a stable base for future action (we have quite a few things we would like to do, if only funding permitted). And eliminate the need to make special, urgent requests like this one.

Won't you please make a tax-deductible donation right now? Checks may be sent to: Jihad Watch, PO Box 9437, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-9437. Or you can donate amounts up to $100 (with complete confidentiality and security) here at the website, using the Amazon and PayPal links at left.

Again, I implore you to be generous. And I thank you with deepest gratitude.

Sincerely,
Robert Spencer
Director, Jihad Watch

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger sfw said...

I will donate $100 tonight (when my wife gets home with the credit cards), I can't think of a better cause.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger . said...

J and D Watch are the first and best of them all.

I sent in a little a while ago, and will keep trying to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home