Thursday, February 16, 2006

The TMI Files. Don't Drink And Type.

I just bought myself a new keyboard. I found out the hard way that drink-typing is bad for your (computer's) health.

Last night I was having a glass of wine as I was catching up on the news online (Falcon Ridge 2005 semillon chardonnay), when my mobile phone buzzed. Unfortunately for me, I had the ringtone set to 'vibrate', which it did just as I was lifting the glass.

I jumped out of my skin, the wine went all over the keyboard, and it was all over bar the shouting.

I guess I should be grateful, though - it's the first time that ever happened to me!

Will it be the last?

4 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

I don't usually drink chardonnay, 6D. Prefer a savignon blanc or sav blanc semillon. This one is really nice,though.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Nilk said...

I'm not a big red drinking. If I am drinking that, it needs to be a merlot blend or something like it.

I don't have the tolerance I used to, so a glass or white every now and then is pretty much all I need.

As for gunky keyboards, I've never found dead ants in mine. Just cat hair and crap. Mind you, my old one was 10 years old, so I got good use out of it.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jai Normosone said...

The closest I get to drinking a red is strawberry flavoured milk. The upside is that I'm always the DD and there's no doubt that people will get home alive (well, discounting the driving of others...) :)

I've got to try one of those Vodka mudshake things one day though... will wait until with friends - not inclined to drink on my own.

HA! At least I'm not the only one that jumps when the phone goes off sometimes! :D

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

I don't usually jump, but this time I did. Grrr.

Although, the new keyboard is good value. And it was cheap, too, which works for me. I don't need anything fancy - so long as I can type and hit enter I'm fine.

At the moment I've got the phone on silent so it won't startle me, so it's not a problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home