Saturday, January 28, 2006

The TMI Files. Learning Languages the Ebay Way.

Since buying My Neighbor Totoro off ebay, my daughter now speaks Japanese.

I should have checked that it was dubbed in English - it isn't. It has Chinese dubbing, and both Chinese and Japanese subtitles.

I don't speak Japanese, but now Magilla does!

I have no idea what she's saying, but she sings along with the dvd, repeats the dialogue and has a great old time.

Luckily for us all, it's a great movie for the little ones, and you don't actually need any words. It's beautifully drawn, and a wonderful moving story.

I can't recommend it highly enough (although I'd still like to check it out in English).

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jai Normosone said...

Just be aware of where and when she uses the term 'gaijin' :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Nilk said...

Hehe. Luckily that's one word that's not in the film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home