Saturday, January 07, 2006

Correspondence.

Well, now that my puter is working again, and I'm starting to find time (not much, though - the renovations are beginning), I'm intending to gear up my correspondence activities.

I wrote to Morris Iemma back on the 16th of December, but that one I won't post as it would no doubt get me in trouble. I've not had a response, but that's also to be expected. I'm only a voter, after all.

I also wrote to the Danish PM, Mr Anders Fogh Rasmussen on Dec 31st. I've not had a reply from that either, but at this time of the year that's no problem. I'll leave that for another week before posting, just to allow him some time to reply or not. That one was just congratulating him on the stance taken over the uproar of the Jyllands-Posten printing of cartoons depicting Mohammed.

Being an infidel, I really have a hard time getting my head around the carryings-on by Islamic countries over what happens in a secular democracy such as Denmark. So far, Egypt discontinues dialogue on human rights with Denmark over this, the UN has waded in, as has the EU.

This, of course, isn't to mention the countries in the OIC baying for the blood of Denmark.

And yet, there is still that deafening silence from member countries of the OIC when it comes to honour killings, the lack of rights for women (unless it's the right to be a chattel, I guess), the destruction of churches in Pakistan and Egypt, the murdering of homosexuals and adulterers in Iran, for example.

Than again, maybe I'm just not enlightened enough to see the difference. I am, after all, somewhat lacking in the gray matter department.

As usual, I've digressed.

This little post was just to warn any readers that my emailing activities will begin again. The only difference to last year's (tiny) correspondence is that there will be a time delay on posting it here.

2 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully agree. Have we really come to a stage where religious fanatics can dictate whate we read, see, publish and think.

If this keeps up then the UN will have far greatwer things to worry about than cartoons. Within 5 years we will be at war.

In fact - doesnt the UN have better things to worry about anyway.....

Ross

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Yes we have reached that stage, Ross.

I live in Brackistan (Victoria), and all you have to do is read up on the Racial and Religious Tolerance Act of 2001.

Here is the link for it if you want something to turn your stomach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home