Friday, July 30, 2010

Electioneering Begins.

While I'm unable to blog anywhere near as often as I'd like, it doesn't mean my eyes aren't still open.

Case in point my local member's scare tactics:




Now, if you're selling something, you want your message to be front and centre, no? Well the message is there alright in large letters. Tony Abbott coming soon?

Goodness, I certainly hope so.

Let's flip the card over and what do we see?



Ah, more of the old doom and gloom about how the terrible Libs will bring back Work Choices.

The only problem with this card is that it never mentions the ALP.

"Tony Abbott" gets in twice, and "Liberals"/"Liberal Government" scores four times.

That's not bad in 91 words.

Nowhere does it say, "Vote ALP", or "Vote Alan Griffin"

Most people don't read junk mail. The Godmother is an exception, which means that I get to have a look at what lands in the letterbox occasionally. We scan over the big print to see if anything invites us to look further, and sometimes, we get this muzzy little thing with doesn't tell us anything except to pay attention to Tony Abbott.

Now, I understand that the ALP can't really campaign on Julia's credentials, because her specific skillset (playing Brutus, wearing white suits in Women's Weekly spreads, mangling strine - who knew that was possible?) aren't what you want to be highlighting in a nasty electoral race.

However, you need to tell us who to vote for, Alan. At the moment, all I can see is TONY!!

6 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Carpe Jugulum said...

The incumbent guvvmint and their enablers are clutching at straws, the average punter just doesn't buy the shite the unions & liarbor are selling.

I think that liarbor don't get that everyone can see their failures from the BER to the Pink Batts causing 4 deaths to pretty much everything they touch.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Matt from Wodonga said...

Nilk,

You really do need to blog more. I find your words enlightening and your reason close to mine.

Cheers,

Matt.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Carpe, I've had so many people bring up politics to me in the last couple of months. Ladies from church, some of the blokes at work.

One of the fellows even told me that he's a Labor supporter and he won't be voting for them. He's not sure what to do (I told him not to vote Green lol), so he wants to sit and pick my brains about it.

Be afraid...

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, Matt. I definitely agree with you on needing to blog more. I've been dealing with home/family stuff which has been taking the priority. I've been thinking of opening up the TMI Files, so I'll do that tonight.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Matt from Wodonga said...

I suppose being a 48yo conservative cranky old bastard with a mortgage to pay off and a daughter to send to yr 11 lends me to vote for the Libs. I liked the way they managed the economy last time they were in, they did a good job.

I really do fear for Australia's prosperity if Labor get in and the Greens hold the balance of power. I think we may be in for a bad patch as I can't see the Libs crossing the line in front.

I think the resulting policies will harm Australia to it's core. You might think energy bills are expensive now, just wait.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous colocation utah said...

Great post having some valuable informations.I will use these information if will get any problem .thanks for sharing .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home