Friday, July 20, 2007

The TMI Files.Today's New Word.

Magilla has discovered the word "hate," and uses it with abandon.

I don't know where she picked it up from, as it's one I rarely use, but I'm not particularly fussed. There are a lot of things she'll becoming across as she gets older and more sophisticated in her communication abilities.

She hates going to bed, she hates sleeping, she hates going to daycare (at least until I tell her that I'll go without her!) and she hates curry.

She hates tomato.... the list is endless.

The other day driving home, the sun was in her eyes and she hated that, too.

I told her that I was impressed with the list of things that she hates lately, but with respect to the sun, I couldn't do anything about it. Neither could she, so she needed to get used to it and stop whingeing.

Her response was a sotto voce, "I bet Jesus could fix that."

I nearly choked on my laughter and replied that I bet He could too, but I reckoned He is pretty cool with leaving the situation as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home