Friday, November 14, 2008

Bogans On The Move. Again.


Well, it's happened.

For the first time in my life, I've been evicted. It's a rather bizarre feeling, especially as it came out of the blue. We've had an excellent relationship with both the landlord and the real estate agent, but some things have come up (Thanks, Kevni, love your economic stewardship) and we got a letter a few days back telling us we had 60 days to vacate the premises.

To call this a shock is an understatement, and it's taking a few days to sink in.

Of course, nothing can keep a member of the VRWC (in good standing) down, so the househunting has begun.

Along with househunting also comes the scrimping and saving and working extra hours to pay for this blasted..... challenge...and as a result, you'll see something on the right hand side that I honestly never thought I'd put on my blog.

Yup. It's one of those paypal thingies for anyone who feels the urge to provide a fiduciary contribution to helping keep your neighbourhood bogan free.

I did consider having a small nervous breakdown, but that won't serve any purpose apart from providing me with a wallow at the expense of Finding A New Home, so we're all on the job here instead.

Magilla has started packing up her room, the Godmother is on scouting duties while I work, and Spiderboy is getting into everything as you do at 14 months.

It's all rather tiresome, but so is living on the streets, and while we can pay rent and all the bills, the startup costs of getting a new place are a bit out of reach at the moment.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and if you are that way inclined, you will definitely be remembered in my prayers.

Heh.

The landlord reckons he'll give us a glowing reference. When he does, I'll have to make sure he does it in writing and post it here. As I said to him the other day, I've been renting ever since I left home 20 years ago, and I've had all sorts of experiences, but I've never been evicted.

Oh well, that's life, innit?

Prayers are more than welcome, too.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Cheers and God bless,

nilk.










One more thing... you see those polluters in the pic? Well, two of those heaps are now gone. I don't know if I can handle only having one car to drive, and one that's a whole lot more fuel efficient and less polluting.

Heeeeeellllllpppppppp!!

6 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger sfw said...

Wish I could help Nilk but I have just sold my house, when we decided to sell it was because the interest rates had gone past the point where would could hang onto it so we had to sell. Sure enough rates have gone down and so have house values so when we did sell we took a bit of a hit. I really wish the best for you and hope that you can get as good or better accomadation. It was the best to sell the cars you really only need one (I can't talk I have too many cars and motorbikes but I have got rid of some) If you get desperate we could always put you up for a week or two.

"The sun is warm and the grass is green"

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

No worries, sfw. :) I just threw this out to see what happens.

It's not the most comfortable situation I've ever been in, and we won't get tossed out on our ears if we don't move straight away.

Appreciate the warm thoughts, and good luck to you and yours.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger sfw said...

I am serious if you need a roof for a few weeks let me know.

sfw
ps you write well

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thank you, sfw. From the bottom of my heart.

I won't need to take you up on it, though, because the landlord won't kick us out if it takes longer than days to find somewhere and shift.

He's actually one of the good ones out there, and he's not in charge of the economy.

There are plenty of places out there, and at this time of the year some are dropping their rates. We just have a specific set of needs, being 2 families, so that means a bit more searching.

thanks also for the compliment on my writing. When I was a kid I wanted to write the Great Australian Novel.

Now I just want to write the Great Australian Dissertaion on the Patriarchal Model And How Feminism Has Undermined And Weakened It.

Nothing like ambition, hey lol!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

Kicked a small something into your tin Nilk, ain't much, but hope it helps.

 
At 4:52 AM, Anonymous BBQ Recipes said...

Good reeading

 

Post a Comment

<< Home