Friday, September 26, 2008

The TMI Files. At Last! A Self Portrait!



Being the evil, neo-con, fascist, bible-thumping, eco-unfriendly platypus eating bogan that I am, I took Magilla on a road trip for a couple of days.

As can be seen, I travel in comfort and not in style.

A good time was had, and a few looks of consternations were also gathered.

This photo was taken (by Magilla) on my motorazor phone, and I just wanted to share with my minute but loyal following how I look. Needless to say, I don't believe the camera does me justice.

I also want to give huge kudos to Minnesotans 4 Global Warming for the tshirt.

When we consider that the Cape Otway lighthouse is in the middle of what a mate of mine calls (pardon the language) Bumfucknowhere, I think that the guys should see their shirt is travelling. There were quizzical glances in Warrnambool, and an approving grin in Apollo Bay, where we stopped at the bakery to grab a bite.

One of the more hypocritical amusing things I noted on the way down to the lighthouse was the Cape Otway Eco Lodge.

The eco lodge is just near the lighthouse, so a long way from anywhere, so I reckon you'd use up a huge amount of carbon just to get there.

Of course, being so conscious of our destructive carbon footprints, we need to make restitution as we worship at the altar of politically, ecologically, (did I say politically?) correct ideology, so if I ever want to get married* in the correct manner, this is the place to go.

*link to pdf with wedding costings here.

The mind boggles. If someone were so enviroconscious, surely they'd be happy enough to sit at home watching a doco about the place rather than spend two days burning up fossil fuels in a little daewoo like we did.

And as you can see, it was another searing day in paradise.

6 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger kae said...

Are you sure you don't have a heart condition? Usually people that colour in the face are about to have/have had a heart attack!

Oh, maybe it was all the conforming with environmentalism that did it?

tee hee

Lovely lighthouse, Marj!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Pogria said...

Bloody Hell !!!

We could be sisters!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger sfw said...

I think you said you do film makeup, have you noticed you are not gettng much work? Perhaps it's time for a refresher course.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

For s second i thought you had gone over to the dark side, become a greenie and all that! Either that or you had infiltrated their ranks and was diligently working to undermine their entire movement from the inside!

"Needless to say, I don't believe the camera does me justice."

Yes, what big teeth you have and those horns, oh my.
:)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Nilk said...

LOL Thanks, MK. :) Way to give a girl a lift!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I get a face like that?
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home