Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Helping Mates.

I get all sorts of curiosities in my inbox.

I'm on a stack of email lists, so it's never dull and I've got no excuse to bleat about boredom. I don't know what that is, in any case.

Anyway, I was asked to do a bit of begging on behalf of a mate of a mate, so here I am.

Anne's going for a run to raise money for Austcare, one of our humanitarian organisations. She has a personal link to Austcare's current project over in Darfur, so I'm more than happy to help.

Here's what Anne has to say:
I am doing the City to Bay 6k run to support the people of Darfur, Sudan. My son, Mark, will shortly be part of an Australian Army logistics team in Darfur to provide support to the United Nations humanitarian effort. The funds raised will go to Austcare who provide much needed aid to refugees in this war torn area. Your donation is greatly appreciated.


I tend to keep my donations to charities to myself, as I don't see that anyone else needs to know. In this case, however, I think that the more people that know and contribute, the better.

Please visit Anne's little page and make a donation if you can.

Thanks to Kae for the heads up.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

Done. Good on ya Anne, good luck on that 6K run, i'm feeling tired just thinking of it. :)

And pass our best wishes & thanks to your son.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, MK!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger sallreen said...

Lucy, Izzie and Nesta are 14-year-old Londoners in these first two volumes of British author Hopkins's lighthearted but predictable series. Sweet, young-looking Lucy narrates the first. Stumped when assigned an essay on "What makes me `me'?" Lucy enters a self-esteem nosedive worsened by a disastrous haircut. Finally, with a little help from her friends (who, among other things, buy her an inflatable bra) and a heart-to-heart with her mom, she's able to realize her gifts.
------------------
Sally
Social marketing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home