Monday, February 05, 2007

The TMI Files. When Is It Okay To Lie To Your Child?

The scene: Dinner table, Chez Bougane. A few months back.

Magilla: I don't want that.

Nilk: Eat your dinner.

Magilla: But I don't like carrots.

Nilk: It's not carrot.

Magilla eats carrots.


The scene: At the stove, cooking, at Chez Bougane. Last week.

Magilla: Can I help?

Nilk: Yup. You can mix these in.
Gestures towards hokkein noodles.

Magilla: Eewww. I don't like them.

Nilk: Yes you do, they're like spaghetti.

Magilla: Oh, okay.

Later proceeds to eat chicken satay stir-fry with hokkein noodles.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Wes Messamore said...

My parents say that when I was two, they had to literally sit on me and hold me down to take some medicine that I really needed to badly take. After I'd finally taken it, I liked it so much that I through a huge temper tantrum because they wouldn't give me more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home