Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bloody Christians. The Eternal Soft Target.

A post over at AWH brought to my attention a mob calling themselves the Rational Response Squad, with the avowed aim of Fighting to free humanity from the mind disorder known as theism.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the communists did their damndest to remove religion from Russia, and how did that turn out? Not real flash. Orthodoxy was replaced by the worship of Lenin and Stalin.

So I don't think they'll have too much success overall in that department.

Currently, the Rational Responders are attempting to put the kybosh on Christmas, and are running a "blashphemy challenge."

One thing that did sort of jump out at me during my travels through their site is a remarkable lack of attention to any religion other than christianity.

To that end, I sent them an email:

Dear Rational Responders,

First allow me to congratulate you for your stance on the christian religion. It is always good to see someone with the courage of their convictions.

I did see Brian Flemming's interview on FOX about your blasphemy challenge, and I noted that while there is a bit of lip service paid to being anti-religion in theory, it appears per your website that the only religion you are anti is christianity. With a bit of judaism thrown in, of course.

While I may disagree with your blasphemy challenge - I find it considerably offensive - by all means, go for it. You may sucker all of those teenagers into making fools of themselves for a free dvd, but I do consider that you are missing the mark.

According to muslims, the world's fastest growing religion is islam, and they are much more vocal and active in support of their faith than a lot of christians.

To that end, I would suggest that perhaps you look towards Mecca for something to eradicate.

The christian doctrine has no problems with the concept of separation of church and state (render unto God that which is God's, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's); it is only when some people have difficulty with that idea that it becomes an issue for the populace.

In islam, however, there is not and can never be the separation of church and state.

Is there a likelihood of you taking action about the proliferation of mosques in your country? Do you have objections to public schools teaching children about islam, including reciting the shahada and dressing up?

Do you plan to object to issues like muslim women wearing the niqab and thus being unidentifiable, and do you take exception to the provision of muslim prayer rooms?

I ask this because currently it appears that you are currently taking aim at the soft target of christianity.

I don't see that there needs to be any action taken against hindus or buddhists, for example, since they are such small and relatively peaceful religious minorities. They do not have the clout of the judeo-christian traditions in your (and my) country.

But the creeping islamisation of the USA is of concern for myself and I believe it should be for you, also.

As you are so determinedly atheist, and anti-religion, I would love to hear your plan of action with regards to combatting the rise of islam.

Thank you for your time, and God bless,

nilk
http://rightwingdeathbogan.blogspot.com
nb. I have a policy of publishing correspondence on my blog. If you would prefer to keep this mail in confidence, please reply within 7 days.

Kind regards,
nilk


Well, I did recieve a response, which was merely a link to a youtube:



It is a most entertaining vid, and I highly recommend you check it out.

There is a remarkable lack of insight into the islamist stance, as opposed to the christian way of life.

Apparently the islamists are so brainwashed that they won't listen to the Rational Responders. This is actually very true in one way, but in another, you will have your extremists who do scan the airwaves, and will use what they pick up off the net to prosecute your arse into jail.

Quite a few of those live in the USA.

Ever heard of CAIR?

There are some good points raised - stem cell research, for example, is another. Personally, I am offended by embryonic stem cell research, but not by adult stem cell research. So I'm against one but not the other. It's a fine dividing line, and one for another post.

Anyway, I found this vid a lot more reasonable than the websites, so recommend it for a watch.

Even if I don't agree with the sentiments.

8 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Arthur_Vandelay said...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the communists did their damndest to remove religion from Russia, and how did that turn out? Not real flash.

Except that the Rational Response Squad are only encouraging children to exercise their critical and rational faculties, rather than mindlessly swallowing the beliefs of their parents. If, in doing so, they abandon theism and enter the reality-based community of their own accord, so much the better. Nobody is suggesting that they be forced to do so at the point of a gun.

Despite what you may think, atheism does not equal Stalinism.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

True, atheism does not equal Stalinism. You won't get any argument from me there. It is when atheism is raised to the level of a state religion you find the effects far outweigh the advantages of atheism.

When you don't have the checks and balances supplied by a higher authority than man, you are opening yourself up to the relativism we suffer from today.

I'm also all for children being encouraged to use their brains for more than ipod and xbox.

I guess you could say I'm indoctrinating my daughter, but she enjoys church. She has more atheists and agnostics around her than she does christians, so it's not like she's being bombarded by a churchy message every waking hour.

I find that the church/christian community as a whole is a lot more tolerant (there's that word again), accepting and non-judgemental than the non-churchy world.

I prefer that.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the chap from the RRS was really trying out a 'new' microphone, which by sheer coincidence just happened to be rather big and covered his face effectively from a full ID. Or was it insurance from the "bring on the fatwa" and refrences to certain 'childish' behaviour? My beliefs tell me he didn't have much faith in his own safety.

And Nilk I don't believe you're indoctrinating your little one. You're showing her honestly the way you live and the morality you live by. We all have some belief system even if it's not deity based, humanism or other 'isms' etc. And genreally speaking we all can follow those belief systems in a balanced world. Your daughter will make her own decisions in the fullness of time......The exception is Collingwood, if she believes in them disown her!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, anon :) I don't seriously believe I am brainwashing her. If she didn't enjoy it we wouldn't go.

Ultimately she'll form her own relationship with God or not. It's not my choice.

Also, I've not paid attention to the footy in years, but if any team is going to be followed it will be Richmond.

Anything else is verboten.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger brett_mcs said...

There's another tie in with communism, Nilk.

The RRS presenter seems to typify the aggressively atheistic person: Smartish, but not very smart. The sort of person who would have been - back in the 1930s - cheering on the obviously more scientific system of societal coordination developed by Marx and implemented by Lenin. Something as messy and irrational as the market process (what the hell is an "invisible hand", for crying out loud!) must be swept away in favour of rational decision making.

It is actually quite irrational (and very dangerous) to believe that human reason is capable of always and everywhere coming to a correct solution and that therefore apparently irrational systems must be swept away without further ado.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger brett_mcs said...

FYI, I sent an email asking if the RRS team members were full-on (laissez faire) free market supports. Then I more or less repeated my comment above, and asked if they think their team members would have been in the cheer squad for communism in the 30s.

My point being that just about the only intellectuals of that time who were not in the communism cheer squad were laissez faire free marketers (von Mises, Menger) and Christians.

Maybe I'll get a video answer, too?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Not sure, Brett. I'm pretty sure the vid wasn't in direct response to me from a few of the things he said, but they've obviously been copping a hiding from people who reckon that all this anti-christian stuff is starting to wear a bit thin when it's the islamic supremacists who are hacking the heads off people.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mindlessly swallowing the beliefs of their parents.

Good Lord! Who the hell does this? (Apart from the parents and kids who've both been brought up by the Idiot Box).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home