Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Letter To Amnesty International. Nov 1, 2006

Dear Amnesty International,

Thank you for your newsletter about taking action for David Hicks.

Before I do take any action, however, I would appreciate it if you could give me details about Irene Khan’s open letters to Pervez Musharref for the abominable human rights records in Pakistan or to Mahmoud Ahmedinejad in Iran for his county’s policies of stoning and hanging rape victims, and jailing those who would prefer to live under more relaxed conditions.

I find that Amnesty International has strayed from its original aims of freeing prisoners of conscience, and now seems to have joined the Bash George Bush and John Howard Brigade.

Considering that David Hicks was enamoured enough of radical islam to turn his back on his democratic lifestyle here in Australia to fight against “Crusaders” in the Balkans, and then to join the fighting in Afghanistan, against the country of his birth and its allies, I am yet to be convinced that he should be released.

If we are to talk about Abu Ghraib, and the terrible, terrible atrocities committed there, I would prefer to discuss the torture under Saddam Hussein rather than the hazing carried out by a very few misguided American soldiers, who have since been trialled and disciplined for their participation in this offensive misbehaviour.

I anticipate the information on Ms. Khan’s actions on these issues.

Kind regards,

Nilk

Needless to say, there has been on response.

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

By the way, you would have heard of the windbag Cindy Sheehan and her band of professional human rights activists having a conference in Guantanamo Cuba.

They are holding a mass whine session outside Gitmo, but have refused to even entertain any pleas from wives of Cuban dissidents to check what's happening in Cuban jails. Links here and here.

Seems to me organisations like AI and the above-mentioned windbags only pay lip-service to other atrocities around the world while they highlight the supposed plight of America's enemies.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

I did see that, Mat, and noted that The leader of Ms. Sheehan's trip, Medea Benjamin, said the American activists had not seen the letter and that they would be focusing solely on Guantanamo.

"It just so happens that this is where the [ Guantanamo] prisoners are," Ms. Benjamin said. That the group is visiting Cuba, where prisons define daily life for many, is "very incidental," she added.


So Cindy's handlers won't let her get distracted by anything so mundane as real and appalling mistreatment of people by their government, since that distracts from their agenda.

Way to go, Code Wank.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I saw your comment on eternal bachelor and thought I'd check out what you were doing.

Wow, I'm impressed with your posts and your work regarding human rights.

This is an area that I am starting to persue and I am awaiting to see if the Human Rights Commission in New Zealand will take my concerns on board. I am prepared and determined to follow this through to get what I am after with a whole lot of other men and women.

I could really use you expertise or experience when I come to a crossroad, intersection (strategising) so if you don't mind I may come back to ask a question or 2 if and when I need.
Don't worry, I am not one to be carried. I will work things out myself but a lead or a suggestion or a referral is always helpful.

If you have a few minutes please check out my letter to Human Rights Commission. There maybe something that you have to say so I will come back later.

http://menz.org.nz/2007/men-and-human-rights/

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, Julie. I'm just a lowly blogger with a huge chip on my shoulder, and I don't believe in shutting up :)

I checked out your site the other day (ya, followed the links from EB. That's become essential reading!), and made a note of your email addy. You can mail me at rwdbanon at yahoo dot com dot au.

cheers

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are those that listen to the propaganda of the left and assume it's based on anything even vaguely related to functional reality. These are called "useful idiots", also morons.

When ever an AI talking head makes an appearance on the news and the news talking head bothers to ask them "have you or anyone in your organization actually witnessed any of these incidences you accuse the US of?" the answer is "no".

Their evidence? Detainees or their hired mouthpieces said so.

Event after event of supposed gross wrong doing by US servicemen at Gitmo in treatment of these murder/death cultists has been debunked, and still idiots get on their knees and suck the shit up.

Why? Because deep down inside, they've bought into the "Americans are just like that" bullshit.

News flash to all the numbnuts out there. This is a fucking war. The rules and laws are all followed down to the jot and tittle. You don't like it? Chew a bullet.

Anyone allowing themselves to become compromised by adhering to enemy propaganda is indistinguishable from the enemy and is to be treated no differently from the enemy. Bad days are coming. Folk better start paying attention.

Although, if this has to be explained to anyone, it's about as worthwhile as explaining why its a bad idea to pee your pants in public to an adult. There's somethings that if a person doesn't understand by the time they can tie their own shoes, they ain't ever gonna get it and they might as well just be wrote off as worse than worthless.

Weak, stupid, idiots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home