Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The TMI Files. And Now For Something Warm And Fuzzy.

Magilla has always been cuddly and snuggly.

Now she's discovered the L-word and she uses it often. Luckily she hasn't tried it on me when I'm trying to tell her off. That's difficult enough with the faces she pulls at me or the occasional smart comment she throws in to distract.

As it is, at bed time, we snuggle under the covers, read one story, snuggle a bit more, sometimes sing a song or 15, then I head out the door.

As I leave the room, I say: "Good night, Magilla, love you lots."

She used to tell me she liked me lots, and didn't love me.

Now, I get told "I love you too, Mummy" or "I love you lots."

It is the most amazing feeling in the world when little arms wrap around you for the purpose of telling you how loved you are.


(As opposed to the strangulation I suffer when she's trying to plant puppy kisses all over my face, which is wonderful, too.)

And some people would rather pets to children?

I much prefer my daughter. She is the most amazing thing.

And she loves me lots.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post of the day, anywhere.

:)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jai Normosone said...

I have to admit that thanks to my parents and brothers and their wives, I grew up to be an animal person, but that sort of reciprocated feeling in ones life would be hard to top.

A credit to her mother that she knows what affection is and that she knows that she is loved :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home