Friday, April 03, 2009

Michelle Obama. Style Icon.



What can I say? She's even got a blog devoted to her sense of remarkable style.

The above picture is from Getty Images and shows Mrs. and Mr. Messiah (sorry, Kev). If you look carefully, you will note that the eyes truly are the window to the soul, and you can see the brimstone simmering away under the surface.



This woman ought to be arrested for crimes against fashion, rather than being lifted up as a fashion plate to aspire to.

Sure, I get around in daggy clothes most of the time, but I've got an excuse. I don't have much of a social life, and I am not one of the pre-eminent women on the planet courtesy of being married to a handbag who happens to have lucked into the Presidency of the USA.




















If we check out this lovely (*snicker*) ensemble from different angles, we can see the wonders of photography and why it is rightly considered to be a Fine Art.

On the left, with the soft backlighting softening the lines of her figure, it looks almost decent.

On the right, we change angles just a touch, and the skirt and cardy combo look oh, so bogan.

In the interests of full disclosure, please note that I am not a cardigan fan. I loathe them with a passion and can't remember the last time I owned one. I would rather my arms froze off.

Of course, I'm a bit inflexible that way. Same with shoes. Michelle appears to prefer flats, which is understandable because she's rather tall, and with decent heels, she'd tower over Barry.

For my shoes, I've got Redback workboots, trainers, a pair of flat sandals, or a pair of these for going out in:




Okay, I can't help it - I love shoes. I also love decent shoes, and I'd rather go barefoot than wear crap. Michelle's shoes just don't do it for me.

Mind you, if someone could scrounge up a photo of her in either New Rocks (think the boots in the Matrix) or something from Shoecraft, I'd have a whole lot more time for her sense of "style" as it stands.




The twin sets are boring, and suggest a bit of time spent at Egglestone Hall instead of summer camp.

The way she walks, like she's spent the last 8 years playing basketball, suggest she didn't pass deportment with flying colours.

I just can't believe she is being touted as some sort of model material.

No, she's not. She's a woman in the public eye, and while I suspect she's the head of the household, she's still only human and not the vision of grace and loveliness that so many are bleating on about. I'm looking at you, Oprah.





I'll leave the final word to the Godmother, who took one look at this and said, "Oh my God, she dresses like a primary school teacher from the 80s!"

Well, I guess that's one way to impress the leaders of the Free* World and their spouses.







*And the Not So Free World.

10 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you hate mongers grow up

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

LOL. We're talking about a woman who went to a white-hating church for decades, who only became proud of the country that offered her the opportunity to become successful in so many ways when her husband is accepted to run for president?

Who's the bitter one?

Mind you, thank you for the name-calling. I've not been called a hate monger before. I'll add that to the collection.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger sfw said...

Hi Nilk

She is a fashion disaster but she isn't as bad as our PMs' missus. I'm amazed that all that money and influence can't buy good taste or failing that just good shoes. I must admit I am a shoe man and the right shoes can make almost anyone look good. You can't beat a good stilletto with an ankle strap.

Though I don't know how that would look with those pyjama pants of yours.

sfw

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Nilk said...

sfw, just for you, I might just have to take a photo and you could judge for yourself lol.

I can guarantee you it'll be something different.

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger sfw said...

Go Ahead, make my day.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Pogria said...

Although I agree, her taste in clothing is appalling, she may as well make the most of it as, once her boofheaded husband implements Sharia law in the US, all she'll be wearing is a black garbage bag.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eurgh, thank goodness I don't read ladies mags, then I would be seeing this rubbish constantly. What a non-entity she is. I like the way she waffles on about being "successful", I'd like to know exactly what she is successful at?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

Successful at doing shit and getting paid hundreds of thousands for it Anon. That's what she is successful at.

I wish the MSM would quit wasting their space with her clothes. Leave that to others, the job of the MSM is to bring us the news.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Colonel Robert Neville said...

Dear Nilk:

"Mitch" Obama came 'round to my house and demanded I give her three trillion dollars to help her "get by".

She said "These twin sets are hard to find. I'm using the Area 51 alien time machine to travel back to the set of Dallas! This is from the third season. It's called the J.R Catcher".

Then she challenged me to an arm wrestle. No really. "I always beat Barry when we play 'Butch Casualwear and the Somedunce Kid!" she said cheerily.

All the best from Colonel Robert Neville blogspot com

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger sfw said...

I'm still waiting for my picture of you the PJ's and the CFM shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home