Monday, October 03, 2005

A-Fisking we will go....

Website: http://www.ajpp.canberra.net.au
Email: ajpp@riseup.net

PUBLIC LECTURE
THE GREAT WAR FOR CIVILISATION: THE CONQUEST OF THE MIDDLE EAST
Dr Robert Fisk will deliver a lecture at ANU on the subject matter of
his latest book, The Great War For Civilisation: The Conquest Of The
Middle East.

Robert Fisk has been the Middle East correspondent for The Independent
since 1988 and a resident of the Middle East for 28 years. He is in
Australia to deliver the inaugural Edward Said Memorial Lecture at
Adelaide University.

This is likely to be a VERY popular Lecture and it is recommended that
you call the enquiries number below on Tuesday, and/or arrive early to
secure a seat.

WHEN: Tuesday 4 October at 6pm
WHERE: Coombs Lecture Theatre, Fellows Road, ANU
SUPPORTED BY: Centre For Arab & Islamic Studies
ENQUIRIES: 6125 4982

AJPP has been formed to support the achievement of justice and peace in
Palestine.
We call for:
• The evacuation of the Israeli settlements in the West Bank, Gaza and
East Jerusalem
• Withdrawal of Israeli forces from the West Bank, Gaza and East
Jerusalem
• Demolition of the Apartheid Wall
• Respect for human rights in the region.
• The right of return for Palestinian refugees.




Hahaha. I wonder what effect the weekend's bombing will have on his little talk? It's probably all Bush's fault.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't find an email address so will post it here. Consider yourself linked.

I have been meaning to get around to it for some time now but, ya know... :)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, Tiberius. You can probably grab my email address from the member list at timblair.net, and I also posted it in one of my earlier posts, just can't remember which, and too lazy to go back over them.

I've got so many blogs to add to the roll here, as well as a few more info/news sites I haunt. I need to set aside time to do it and refuse to allow myself to be sidetracked.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Bloody word verification stuff works! It took me 3 goes to post the last comment.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I'll have a look. But you know you are linked now but anyway :)

I keep meaning to redesign the front page (and have been meaning to do it for over a year) but as you say, things I'd rather do keep coming up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home